Sunday, November 9, 2008

PRAYER

I went to church today and my Pastor, Ben Barfield taught about life's toughest questions. He focused on prayer. Prayer is one of my all time favorite topics. I pray every day throughout the day, looking for opportunities to pray. Last week I spent time examining my prayer life and decided that I need to listen more.

So I am leaving room to hear from God in every prayer moment. But how can I pray without ceasing and listen to God at the same time? By considering the listening a part of the prayer. That is how important it is to listen. I call the listening part of my prayer meditation. This allows me to focus in on what God is saying to me.

I find it especially important to do this in the mornings when I first wake up and at nights before I go to sleep. This helps me to have more clarity.

Pauline Lewinson
paulinelewinson.com

2 comments:

Maggiethedogwhochangedmylife said...

Hi Pauline!
Thanks for your comments on my blog. What a beautiful statement about life and yourself! Thanks much for your compliments on my website, too. I went through American Author (used to be able to do through iUniverse website if you're with iUniverse, but since they changed website I don't know). AA is a division of Cevado Technologies. If you have a problem finding them online, which I don't think you will, let me know and I'll search out more information for you to help you find them.
Maggie, my canine soul mate, is no longer with me. My book is my journey with her through our life together and the valuable lessons I learned about life, dogs, and myself through her incredible presence. It sounds like you, too, had that very special relationship with your dog...
Thank you for the link to health products. I will check it out for my current dog and cat.
Best of luck with your book & the journey it will take you on, Pauline.
My best,
DawnKairns, author
Maggie: the dog who changed my life
www.dawnkairns.com

Pauline Lewinson said...

Dear Dawn,

It has been a long while since I have been here. Thank you for the information on the American Author website. I did find it online.

I now have a dog, named Shorty. He is a lot of fun.

Are you on twitter of Facebook?

Pauline Lewinson
www.paulinelewinson.com